FAQs and Policies
Tickets and ticketing fees are non-refundable.
If the artist can get here for the show, then the show will go on regardless of weather. We are hardy New Englanders! If the artist is unable to perform, we will notify ticket holders of the cancellation by email as soon as possible, please make sure that the email address that you give us is valid and actively used. Tickets will be held for a rescheduled date. If the artist does not book a rescheduled date within a year of the cancellation, we will refund your ticket.
There are two models for seating, depending on the style of the show.
Reserved seating is the most common. We have theater-style seats close to the stage. Behind those are four risers with 4 seat tables, and our balcony boasts some of the best seats in the house. Our tables are all “shared seating”, so if you purchase two seats at a four seat dinner table, you will likely be meeting new friends.
**Due to state and national fire codes we do not allow dancing in the aisles or in front of the stage.**
Our dinner service is an important part of the economic viability of our venue and we encourage you to enjoy our unique dinner and a show experience. Dinner seats with full food and beverage service are important to us and many of you. We have a $10 minimum food & beverage purchase per person. We reserve the right to charge your credit card the minimum if you come to the show and do not honor your dinner reservation. Again, this is the only way we make our income, so in order to continue presenting world-class entertainment, we have to make these limited dinner seats count. Thanks for your cooperation.
Dinner is served most nights from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM for a show time of 7:30 PM. Please arrive at the time of your reservation this way we can make sure that everyone gets great service.
Typically servers will stop taking orders at 7:00 PM in order to minimize disturbances once the performance starts. Drink service will continue through most of the performance.
There is a $10 minimum food & beverage purchase per person for all tickets in our table seating sections. We also require you to make a dinner reservation upon purchasing table seats. Reservations are taken starting at 6:00 PM up until approximately 7:00 PM
Operating hours are 12:00 PM until 6:00 PM, Monday through Saturday, with extended hours until 9 pm or later on the day of a scheduled show. We are also open on Sundays when we have a performance. *Please note that the box office may be closed on certain holidays. Tickets can always be purchased on line at flyingmonkeynh.com
BEER & WINE:
The Flying Monkey serves fine wines and premium beers with proper ID. We ask that our patrons drink responsibly and appropriately for a performance atmosphere. Beer and wine can be purchased in our concession and taken into the theatre.
As we offer food and beverages at our concession stand, and we offer food and beverage service at our table seats, there is no outside food or beverage allowed. Please contact us with any specific dietary or allergy concerns; we will make every effort to accommodate your individual needs.
We offer many different ways to purchase tickets. Just pick which way is most
convenient for you!
- Box Office - Call a friendly voice in our box office, open Monday through Saturday
from 12:00 PM until 6:00 PM, we look forward to assisting you! We are
also open on Sundays when we have a performance.
- Purchase Online - Tickets can be purchased on our website by clicking on the
“BUY TICKETS” icon on our Live Events page, as well as the Purchase Tickets link at the top of every page.
Stop By & Say Hi – Stop by our box office at 39 S. Main St. in downtown Plymouth to
purchase by cash, check, or credit card. Hours are 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM -
Monday through Saturday. Box Office is open until late on show nights
and open Sunday when we have a performance.
Common Man gift cards are always accepted for tickets at the box office.
- Movie Tickets - Movie tickets can be purchased at the box office on the day of the show.
Absolutely! We have some great ADA seating that you can purchase through our Box Office. Please call the box (603-536-2551) to reserve an ADA seat or if you have any special needs.
There is plenty of metered street parking in downtown Plymouth.
APPLYING FOR JOBS:
For job inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FLYING MONKEY POLICIES:
- No backpacks or large bags are allowed in the theatre and all bags entering are subject to search.
- Patrons without shoes or shirts are not permitted to enter.
- All tickets issued are subject to the terms and conditions of The Flying Monkey.
- No one will be allowed admission without a valid ticket.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission and refund ticket price at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Management reserves the right to eject a ticket holder for behavior likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance or for failure to comply with the reasonable requests of the management.
- Tickets are non-refundable, and non exchangeable.
- The use of cameras or recording equipment is prohibited. If cameras are permitted, absolutely no flash photography is allowed - EVER. When an artist requests a 'no camera' policy, it will be adhered to by our staff.
- Management does not accept responsibility for loss or damage of personal property brought into the venue or vehicles parked in public or private parking areas.
- Electronic Devices: As a courtesy to the performers and other patrons, please turn off all audible electronic alerts during performances.